Friday 16 March 2012

Button frame

Hello.
For James' birthday present I wanted to decorate a photo frame for him. I bought three so that I could do another couple of ideas too. This post is one of those other ideas.

Here is what the original frame looked like.


I took everything out of the frame and painted it brown.

Then I covered it in buttons from the Elzybells Colour Co-ordinates button collection in Chocolate Brownie. I wish I had bought more of these button collections when Elzybells was still open, they have a great variety in them.

It's not often I start off with a project idea and it turns out exactly as I had imagined, but this one did.

Speaking of James though, he is now out of hospital. He came out on Wednesday, with a lovely bright green cast on. Thank you for everyone that left comments wishing him well. I passed them on to him and we both really appreciated them.

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Amazing what one can do with buttons! Love the frame and glad James is home recuperating.

Craft Paper said...

Your frame turned out great! It looks ten times better than the one you started with. That's great he is home!

Lynn McAuley said...

An awesome picture frame with all these fabulous buttons, Mary-Kate!

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is just a vision - wonderful work! Such a creative idea and perfect for your guy :) Glad to hear he is home and green is a GREAT color, hugs and speedy healing!

Becky said...

What a great idea..The frame looks awesome with those buttons.

ddazzled71 said...

What a fabulous use of the buttons Mary Kate, and what a wonderful manly transformation of the photo frame.

Karen said...

Your frame looks awesome. What a great idea to use the buttons on the frame. Glad to see that James is home. Here's to a speedy recovery

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I love all the buttons using the same tone. It looks terrific Mary Kate

Dragana Skoro said...

What a great idea! It looks wonderful in a monochromatic scheme. Awesome job.

dawnmercedes said...

oh wow...now that turned out great for a guy! Did you put a boudoir pix in there? hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...