Wednesday 27 February 2013

Delicious Doodles DT Call

Hello.
There's a DT call going off at the moment on Delicious Doodles. Since they are one of my favourite stamp companies I couldn't resist applying. To apply you have to create a post with your three favourite projects on, write a little about yourself and explain why you enjoy using Delicious Doodles images. As I narrowed my favourite cards down it became apparent that most of them actually used Delicious Doodles images, so I decided just to go with my three favourite of them.

A little about me...I started card making about 8 years ago, and have since become a bit of a hobby addict. I have tried my hand at, amongst others, scrapbooking, candle making, nail art, painting canvases, cross stitch, jewellery making, and am now learning how to knit. Through blogging I have met some wonderful people from all over the world, which is my favourite thing about crafting.

Why I enjoy Delicious Doodles images...I love the different styles of the stamps, from the cute animal images, to the dark, gothic ones. I love that there are images which make card making easier, either because they are so detailed that they don't need much to be turned into a beautiful card, or they already have shading making colouring them easier.

The cards....
The first uses Butterfly Bliss. This is my favourite card I've made. I'm not sure what I like so much about it, as I'm not really a flowers and butterflies kind of girl. I think it's because it was something a little different for me, as I usually stick to CAS cards.


The second uses Marina. I just love this image! This is one of those images which doesn't need much to turn it into a beautiful card. Just look at all those details in the image. The other thing I like about this image is that it reminds me of one of my closest friends who loves The Little Mermaid.


The third uses I'm Ba-aaack. I really like Zombie stamps, and this has to be the most gruesome one I own. I created the sentiment to go with it based on a joke I'd heard a few days before making the card.

5 comments:

Winnie said...

Great choices in the cards. They are so awesome and perfect examples of your work and style. Good luck with the DT call. You rock!

Becky said...

wow, you pick some gorgeous cards. I love the different styles. Good luck :)

Marcy said...

These are all awesome cards with great images and you really did a fantastic job with all of these! You are an amazing artist and the DT would be lucky to have you! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

I remember each and every one of these wonderful cards because of these unique and striking images!! Beautiful work, Em! Good luck on the design team call!!

dawnmercedes said...

If you don't get accepted...I'm going to be sad for you. You ROCKED these!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...